Google Alerts is one of the most useful online versatile tool which enables you to listen to conversations you may not be aware of. These conversations may be regarding you, or any of your products. To keep a track over your online presence, it becomes really very important to listen to what other people are saying about your brand, what are their views on your ideas, and how are they representing you outside your organization.
You would even like to know which sites are linking to you, quoting you, supporting you, competing with you, or complaining against you. To survive in the era of competition today, you need to understand the capability of your competitors, and their market strategies.
Google alerts may be thought of as a customized Google Search that delivers specific search results automatically. You may set up the number of alerts, up to 1000 per email address, to help you monitor your online activity in terms of your choice. You may even us these alerts as a writing prompt. Setting up alerts for a particular keyword will give you the results on what’s being talked about. Here in this article you will get a step by step guide on How to Setup Google Alert on Gmail Account?
Steps to Setup Google Alerts on Gmail Account:
1. Follow this link: Google Alert
2. Sign in if you have an already existing Gmail account. If you don’t have one, simply start filling out the form.
3. Enter all the search terms you want Google Alert to track for you, separated by commas. You may even edit this field later if you have too many, or too few words. If you’re unsure of where to start, simply mention your name, along with your blog’s name. You may even choose to include the phrases that refer to your brand, or your niche.
4. Next step involves selecting the type of results you want Google Alerts to find for you. You are provided with the following categories:
5. Now you need to choose how often you should be notified of the Google Alerts. You may like to have them once a week, or even once a day depending upon your requirement. But if you’re trying to track a timely project, or a news story, you’ll need to choose “as it happens”.
6. Next step in the procedure of Setting up Google Alert on Gmail Account involves selection of how many results you want to get. You may choose “only best results”, or “everything”, as per your need.
7. After this, select the place where you would like to receive your Google alerts. If you have an existing Gmail account, you may receive them there itself, else you may receive the alerts via RSS, or any other email account.
8. Finally click on the “Create Alert” button, and you are finished with Setting up Google Alert on Gmail Account.
The best thing about Google Alerts is that it is simple to use, free of cost, and flexible to use. You need not compulsorily have a Gmail account to use the service, and integrate with any other service. Use Google Alerts to build up new ideas, fill in the missing holes in your online presence.