Updating your Android OS with the latest Android version can help you to speed up your Android phone, to improve its performance and to enjoy numerous new apps. But the problem in upgrading your Android phone is that many manufacturers are not providing the latest version of Android OS in their old phones. If you have an Android smart phone which has the older OS versions and want to update it with the latest Android OS then here in this tutorial I’ll be going to share a tutorial to update your Android phone OS easily.
In this article you will also get a tutorial to check if there’s an update available for your Android phone or not. Now before proceeding with the tutorial to update Android phone OS, let’s have a look on few safety measures.
- Make sure you connect your Android phone to Wi-Fi instead, of 3G/4G network. This can save extra web surfing fees.
- The other thing you need to consider before updating your Android phone OS is to back up your device’s data. You can use My Back up pro to backup your data.
How to check Android OS updates and update Android OS?
If you haven’t received the notification of official Android OS update on your Home screen then you can check manually for the Android updates by following the tutorial given below:
- Go the menu and then select the “settings” option.
- Scroll down and select the “About Phone” option.
- Now to check the OS update, press “System updates”.
- If there is no OS update for your Android update then you’ll get a confirm action message.
- If there is any update available for your Android phone then select “install now”. Now you need to install the new OS on your device.
- Once installed, restart your Android phone.
You are done with the procedure of updating OS on your Android phone. If you have faced any issues while updating Android OS on your Android device then feel free to ask us via leaving a comment below.